http://www.inspirationthroughart.org/meet-our-heroes/
The wrong story was posted on the site though, they used the story from the nomination and not the story that went with the pictures. Here is the story that should have been on the website.
Nolan was born a healthy little boy and was developing right on track. At four months of age Nolan was at daycare for only his second day. He managed to roll over and his head was in the corner of the pack and play and he suffocated. His daycare provider started CPR and called 911. The paramedics thought he was without oxygen for at least 20 minutes before they were able to get a pulse. When we arrived at the hospital the doctors didn’t give Nolan much of a chance of surviving. He was in the PICU for the next nine days and showed the doctors what a fighter he was by overcoming each obstacle that came up along the way. The doctors told us at the end of Nolan’s 21 day hospital stay that Nolan would never walk, talk, see or live a “normal” life. Nolan is now 18 months old and still cannot see, react to sound, walk or communicate with us. He doesn’t take anything orally so everything goes through his G-tube due to chronic aspiration. He takes lots of medications for multiple reasons, mostly to prevent seizures and keep him relaxed and not so tight in his muscles. Our little Nolan is a fighter and shows us that he has no thought of giving up. He receives physical, occupational, visual and hearing therapies that have helped with head control and sitting. He can now hold his head up on his own for a little bit and gives us lots of smiles. He has touched the hearts of anyone that comes in contact with him and has managed to wrap every member of his family around his little finger. We live for his smiles and “talking”. He is our “little man” that has shown us that life is worth fighting for each and every day.
My hope and dream for Nolan is that he knows and understands how many people love and pray for him each day. He is my little guy and I love our cuddle time together each day. Each morning before I have to leave him for work we talk and I try to get a smile out of him, most of the time I can and it helps me get through each day!
Next week Nolan, Grandma Mary Jo, and I are leaving for a trip to Atlanta together. We will be visiting my Aunt Marlene and Uncle Mike and hope to see June and Alex as well. This is something that I have always wanted to do with him and I am so excited that the day is getting closer and closer. It will be an interesting experience at the airport getting through security with all of his liquid medications and equipment. But, I have talked with the airline ahead of time and hopefully everything will go smoothly. We hope to enjoy some nice weather outside and get Nolan some good fresh air.
Sarah
Next week Nolan, Grandma Mary Jo, and I are leaving for a trip to Atlanta together. We will be visiting my Aunt Marlene and Uncle Mike and hope to see June and Alex as well. This is something that I have always wanted to do with him and I am so excited that the day is getting closer and closer. It will be an interesting experience at the airport getting through security with all of his liquid medications and equipment. But, I have talked with the airline ahead of time and hopefully everything will go smoothly. We hope to enjoy some nice weather outside and get Nolan some good fresh air.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment